Lateral communication is between :
| Lateral communication is between :
Please scroll down to see the correct answer and solution guide.
Right Answer is: B
It refers to official communication taking place in the organization. For example, communication may take place between a superior and subordinate, a subordinate and superior, or among the same cadre of employees or managers.
Types of formal communication:
(A). Horizontal communication:
- Communication that takes place among any employees on the same organizational level, is called lateral communication, it is also known as horizontal communication.
- In today’s dynamic environment, horizontal communications are frequently needed to save time and facilitate coordination.
- For example, a production manager may contact the marketing manager to discuss the schedule of product delivery, product design, quality, etc.
(B). Vertical communication:
- It flows vertically, i.e., upwards or downwards through formal channels.
- Upward communication is a flow of communication from subordinate to superior whereas downward communication is a communication from a superior to subordinate.
- The examples of upward communication are – application for grant of leave, submission of progress report, request for grants, etc. Similarly, the examples of downward communication include – sending a notice to employees to attend a meeting, ordering subordinates to complete assigned work, passing on guidelines framed by top management to the subordinates, etc.
Therefore, Lateral communication is between Equals.