Why is acrylic blended with wool The properties of acr
Why is acrylic blended with wool?
Please scroll down to see the correct answer and solution guide.
Right Answer is:
The properties of acrylic is same as that of wool to a great extent.
- Fabric made is Lightweight
- Good resiliency (fabric returns to original shape and form after washing or being altered
- Good elasticity (the fabric can stretch and recover after tension is created)
- Soft hand
- Provides warmth to wearer
- Wicks moisture away from skin
- Excellent resistance to sunlight and weathering
- Washable (depending on type and finish)
Since wool is natural fiber and hence limited in availability and is high is demand, the cost fluctuate widely in international market on daily basis and is expensive. Whereas, Acrylic is synthetic fiber i.e. made in factory and hence you can increase/decrease the quantity as per market demand. Hence to keep the prices low to cater to the mass customer base, acrylic is blended with wool